Identify Your Ideal Client - If You Want Your Business To Survive! - The Digital Practitioner

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Identify Your Ideal Client - If You Want Your Business To Survive!


In your profession and industry finding the right people and understanding their perspective on the problem you are solving or the solution you are providing is the most important aspect of the whole process. 



It all comes down to understanding your own and other people’s mindsets. 

Your business success will be directly related to the amount and level of value you provide to other people and how that value brings people closer to a buying decision. 

In many healthcare sectors all too often the practice owners are working their butts off trying to accept and please every single client that comes through their doors. These are the business that are just about keeping afloat. 

I was in this situation in my own practice where I was trying to see and please everyone. This often meant working longer hours, increased stress, with often minimal financial return for my effort, not to mention spending less time with my family.



I decided that something had to change so I went through my client base with a fine tooth comb identifying those who attend for the service and acquired the products that I enjoyed and was passionate about offering. It was eye opening to say the lease and it rather accurately corresponded with Pareto’s Principal (20 / 80 principal) in that the classification of my ideal clients worked out at approximately 20% of the overall client base and of this 20 %, approximately 80% of my income was generated! 

This immediately changed my view on my practice and how I approach my work. At the end of the day, your practice is a business. It should be there to serve you, providing you a place to practice your profession, but ultimately to generate an income, ideally creating wealth, so that you can create the lifestyle you desire.


Therefore, in order to have a successful and growing practice, it is essential to focus all of your attention specifically on your ideal clients. Those that you want to serve, who value your product and service, who based on your consistently updated content on social media, are aware of, like, trust and are prepared to part with their hard-eared cash with you.  



I would strongly encourage taking the time to sit down and identify your ideal client, being quite specific in identifying the actual character and traits of the person you ideally want to serve.

I will reveal more detail on this process in a future blog post so stay tuned.  AB

by: Alan Bryden





No comments:

Post a Comment